Sunday, September 12, 2010

More Madera beach's nasty waves
April 2010

Back to Madera beach. The waves were still huge and only the local surfers were out. So I just sat back and enjoyed their show. As I was watching the young Rasta boys from the restaurant next to where I was sitting, they all got their boards and headed into the waves. I noticed that one of them had a little boy of about three years old with him. I was a little surprised, but I thought he knew what he was doing. Then the first wave hit him, and the little boy was gone. I jumped up and started yelling for help. The people around didn't seem too concerned. I yelled to a friend that a little boy had gone under and still no-one responded. My daughter and I were up and running, and finally we had the attention of some of the waiters from the next restaurant, and they finally jumped in and someone grabbed the little boy.
The more I thought about it the madder I got at his father. When the mother arrived, she gave her husband a mouth-full of trouble, which made me feel better.
I'll never understand why he took his son out in such a big surf, But he did. I'm sure he'll never do it again, or he'll have the wrath of his wife on him.
I was just glad to see this little boy walking around eating a taco, later.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home