Monday, September 27, 2010

Have You Ever?

Sept. 2010


Have you ever rented an apartment or house sight unseen in a foreign country? Well, I did! Was I thrilled or disappointed??? I’m not sure yet.

I arrived in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico a tourist city that I know quite well. I had rented this apartment after searching Craigslist and seeing how expensive rent had become since my last visit. It looked lovely and had a small pool right out of my front door. The price was right, and the location was okay. It was the swimming pool that sold me on it. I called the realtor, made my deposit and arrived.

I was met by the owner and realtor who told me there was a small problem with my apartment. However, not to worry they would give me a nicer, bigger apartment for the same price. It seems that the apartment that I had rented had a small problem. It now had water running down the walls, yes, running down the walls. Their small problem, is a huge problem. This had been going on for a month, and they rented it anyway. What were they thinking? The entire city has a huge problem with excess rain, and now mold. The elegant apartment they gave me also has a small problem, mold.

Yesterday I was one unhappy woman, today things are brighter. I purchased several cans of Lysol spray, and it at least smells better. When will they have my apartment ready for me???? Oh, maybe in November or December. I have to laugh because otherwise I’d cry. Oh, one other small detail, it is located on a hill that you have to be a mountain goat to climb. I guess I will get in good shape and hope the goats like me. Truthfully, there are goats, tame goats, a block below me.

My lesson of the years is: never rent or buy anything sight unseen.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home