Monday, October 25, 2010

A month after writing --Have You Ever--rented a place sight unseen. I am still in the apartment with a beautiful view and my studio apartment is still undergoing repairs.
Yesterday the owner told me I should be able to move into it today. It was still a mess, with painters, cleaning ladies and the owner trying to make the swamp look nice.
The fridge is a nasty looking thing with splotches of rust. I asked the owner if she would like it in her house. Oh, no, we are moving that to a different apartment. That's nice move it away but don't get rid of it.
I then told her the cleaning ladies didn't have to make the bed because I wanted to spray it with Lysol before I moved in. That's when I almost threw-up. When I lifted back the sheets there was one of those rotting, moldy, foam pads with so much nasty hair and other things. I dropped it and told her there was no way in hell I would ever sleep on that. Oh, we were going to replace all of that.
Then the cushions for the dinning room chairs all had holes in them. I stuck my finger in one hole and it was so rotten it shredded. Oh, we are getting new covers and pads for the chairs.
Well, today, the day I am to move--no one has arrived and it's not going to happen.
I can't wait to see what it looks like on moving day.
The manager of the apartments told me to get mean and if I didn't like something, tell them I wanted my deposit back. This had worked for the last renter and she ended up with a lovely apartment.
I wonder how mean I can get?
By the way this building is only one year old. It has amazing art work on every wall. Gorgeous Mexican ceramics here and there. I believe I am suppose to just look at the pretties and not see the other nasty stuff.
I guess I'll just have to go to the beach and enjoy my wonderful life, as it is today.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home